After graduation from law school, I got my introduction to Oklahoma land title after working briefly as an oil and gas imager/landman while studying for the Bar. This brief but impactful job put me on the path to focusing on title examination. I joined Ezzell & Shepherd, PLLC of Enid, Oklahoma, in October 2011, focusing on providing attorney title opinions for the firm’s bank clients. I also worked in estate planning, guardianship, probate, and assisting the firm’s partners on business and commercial litigation.
I returned home to Oklahoma City in 2014 after accepting a job as Underwriting Counsel with First American Title Insurance Company. Eventually rising to Senior Underwriting Counsel, I examined surface title, reviewed title work, developed educational materials, negotiated and approved title curative by outside attorneys, and worked on a number of special projects, such as condemnation and purchase opinions for the Oklahoma Department of Transportation’s turnpike expansion project and the development of electronic abstracts and paperless exams.
I left First American in 2018 to become the Real Estate Practice Lead at Munson & McMillin in Edmond, Oklahoma. There I developed a practice of examining surface title for a number of title insurance agents, assisted real estate clients with structuring their business and transactions, and began developing a set of forms and tools for dealing with creative techniques for financing real estate purchases.
I joined Alee to form Gossen & Schaller, PLLC in December 2019. My practice focuses on surface title examination for insurers, lenders, and purchasers, advising and counseling real estate investors, drafting real estate documents, assisting with commercial real estate transactions, probate, estate planning, and general small business and commercial law matters. I strive to provide our Oklahoma clients with the affordable, skilled legal assistance they deserve in all of these areas.
I am also passionate about education. I prepare a Real Property Legislative Update CLE (lawyers) or CE (title insurer license) that I am happy to give to any group within a reasonable drive of Oklahoma City. I also prepare a number of other presentations on Real Estate and Title issues in Oklahoma.
- Surface Title Examination – Insurers, Lenders, Purchasers
- Real Estate Law
- Estate Planning
- Small Business Assistance
- Commercial Law
University of Oklahoma, College of Law
University of Oklahoma
- B.A., Magna Cum Laude, English, 2006
Activities & Affiliations
- Oklahoma City Real Property Lawyers Association - Treasurer
- Oklahoma Title Examination Standards Committee - Legislative Liaison
- Oklahoma Bar Real Property Section - Legislative Liaison
- Oklahoma Land Title Association - Member, 2019-2020 Leadership Academy
- Oklahoma Bar Association - Member, 2016 Leadership Academy
- American Land Title Association - Real Estate Attorney Member
- Federal District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma
- 10th Circuit Court of Federal Appeals